There's a champion for your success at MCC: your advisor.
An advisor will work to help you reach your goals and limit roadblocks along the way.
Your advisor will help you with:
- Exploring MCC programs, degrees and certificates
- Understanding specific degree requirements
- Choosing or changing your degree plan
- Selecting classes and planning your class schedule
- Setting educational goals
- Solving academic problems
- Transferring credit to and from other colleges
- Accessing campus and community resources
How do you connect to your advisors?
- Quick Questions: A general question that front line staff can answer within 5 minutes, either in person or through the call center.
- Same Day (15 minute) Advising: A question that is escalated to a content area expert, either in person or through the call center that can be answered within approximately 15 minutes.
- Appointment Advising: A scheduled event with a content expert. Students themselves can schedule these as well as the front line staff. These events will be approximately 30 minutes in length.
Examples of advising meetings:
• Residency questions
• Class selection fit
• Assist in website navigation
• Re-enrollment of dropped courses
• New student signing up for enrollment session
• Testing resources
• Commencement information
• Printing class schedules or transcripts
• Academic overload
• Dropping/adding a class
• Non-degree related courses
• Understand testing
• Early transfer exploration
• Degree change
• Long term degree planning
• Satisfactory academic progress warning discussion academic plan
• Discuss remaining graduation requirements
• Discuss transfer course evaluation