What is Wellness?
Wellness is an active process that allows people to make positive choices in creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It includes a positive approach to life and health that helps to maximize the individual's potential. A personal wellness lifestyle is associated with good physical health, emotional and spiritual stability, improved personal relationships, as well as increased satisfaction and joy.
We’ve got what it takes to help you stay healthy and fit.
- Check out the MCC Fitness Centers. Student memberships are only $40.
- Choose healthy options at our on-campus dining options.
- Bring fresh fruits and vegetables to snack on between classes.
Looking for something to do?
- Attend an MCC sporting event. We have baseball, basketball, volleyball, cross country and soccer teams.
- Take part in an arts program through Community Education.
- Join one of our student organizations.
Take care of you.
- Learn a new relaxation technique to use when you are stressed.
- Take 10 minutes each day to unplug from phones, social media and your computer.
- Make time to listen, not compete, with your friends. Choose to get involved on campus.
- Learn about healthy relationships.
Make meaning out of life.
- Try a yoga class.
- Schedule some “me” time with meditation.
- Find a faith community that is a fit for you or check out Oasis-Kansas City.
Bring value to your work.
- Discover your best fit best by taking a career assessment.
- Learn how to be better team member and leader. Join a student organization like Student Ambassadors.
Community and Environmental Wellness
Make campus your home away from home and contribute positively to the environment.
- Visit the MCC Carter Art Center.
- Join campus organizations that participate in community service activities.
Knowledge is power.
- Visit a campus library.
- Participate in a workshop, training and/or tutoring program.
- Take a service-learning course or a learning community.