VUB provides non-credit academic refresher courses tailored to the needs of each veteran. Participants can strengthen their writing, reading, math, basic science, and computer skills before starting school. VUB also provides assistance in understanding the complexities of the GI Bill system and applying for benefits.
VUB recognizes that veterans need more than just academics to make it in post secondary education. We provide training and resources to help our participants develop the mental discipline to complete their postsecondary training and be successful in a second career.
Since the first VUB site opened in 1972, there have been thousands of success stories, including veterans who have become doctors, lawyers, educators, businessmen, engineers, and social workers. Make the commitment and take the time to enroll in VUB today.
You may qualify if you:
- Have at least 180 days of active duty service, or
- Have less than 180 days, but were released because of a service connected disability, or
- Are a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces called to active duty for a period of more than 30 days, or
- Are a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces who served on active duty in support of a contingency operation on or after September 11, 2001
- All discharges qualify, except dishonorable
- Are low-income according to federal guidelines and/or a potential first– generation college student.
If you are not sure whether you qualify, please contact us so that we can assist you in making a determination.
Please bring a copy of your DD-214 to your first appointment. If you do not have a copy of your DD-214 you can complete an online request here.