Monday – Thursday:
9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Learning Resource Building, 2nd Floor
For more information, please contact: 816.604.2205
First-time students have a unique learning curve to mastering the college environment. COLL 100 is a one credit hour course designed to help students adjust to the MCC community, develop a better understanding of the learning process and acquire essential academic survival skills. Throughout this class, students not only engage with their instructor but with a Peer Mentor to help them navigate the first or second semester. Engaging in this class and with a Peer Mentor has shown to have a positive impact on student success. Instructors and Peer Mentors will help you:
- Identify college resources necessary for student success.
- Identify student rights and responsibilities within the college environment.
- Identify factors and apply strategies that affect academic success on the college level.
- Design an educational plan to meet academic, career, and personal goals.
- Demonstrate behaviors and conduct appropriate for a college and/or professional setting.
- Explain the role of diversity in college settings.
Learning Resource Building, 2nd Floor – LR230For more information, please contact: 816.604.2245